Stephanie Jennings

Photography by Stephanie

www.StephanieJennings.com

Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

For an appointment, please call:

405-221-2834 or 405-257-2834

Located at:

12480 NS 3660, Wewoka, OK 74884

Monday, August 25, 2008

The End of Summer

Last week we had the most awesome weather. I loved that the high was around 80 degrees. It was so nice in the evening to sit on my porch with Natalie and watch her play. Our porch looks like Romper Room! We even opened our windows one night because it was only 69 outside! Today it is back to the usual humid, hot August days we are use to. I love the summer. Winter sends a feeling of dread over me. As the month passes us by - Can you believe it is the end of August? - I am happy for the upcoming fall days with the colorful leaves and cooler weather. I just hope this year we have a long fall and not one that lasts a few days before winter sets in.

Natalie and I went out early this a.m. to feed and water the animals. We have the most adorable puppies! They are my husband's registered bird dog puppies - but to me and Natalie - they are our babies. I had to bottle feed them for 2 weeks while their mother couldn't, so I am attached to them. I know he has to sell them - we don't need anymore dogs! - but they sure are cute.

Then we went to the garden and picked all the okra and squash. Our tomatoes are no more and we are covered up with jalepenos - I have no idea what to do with all of them! Natalie always has to dig in the dirt. She's helping her daddy she thinks. Unfortunately, she got too close to the okra plants as she was following me - and got stung by the plants. We both did. I'm use to it, but for poor Nattie is was awful. We had to run in and soak in the tub. Nothing seems to stop that stinging/itching feeling that the okra gives off.

As you can read, my life right now is pretty relaxed. Not much going on. I worked last night for an hour & a half. I didn't realize it until I was done - but I really needed that time alone. I had people with me having their portrait made, but I wasn't playing mom or wife. It's nice that I can get away to do that. Thank goodness Lauren can keep Natalie for me. She is a great big sister. There is 16 years between my girls, but they are close. Natalie misses Lauren so much when she ia at work/school. I think Lauren misses her just as much.

Well, I have laundry up to my eyes, dishes to wash, and a diaper to change. It never ends! But I'm glad to have the opportunity to be home. So now I have to go chase Natalie down......

1 comment:

April Massad said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you started a blog!!! I can keep up with the girls! ;)
You know my mom LOVES okra. If you have any leftovers you could send it her way!! Remember I used to call it Monster Food so Shan would eat it? Hahaha!!!