Stephanie Jennings

Photography by Stephanie

www.StephanieJennings.com

Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

For an appointment, please call:

405-221-2834 or 405-257-2834

Located at:

12480 NS 3660, Wewoka, OK 74884

Friday, August 22, 2008

A day in the life of....

My life is none too exciting these days, but to tell you the truth, that is the way I prefer it. I never would have dreamed that I would have ended up living north of Wewoka - in the country, no less - in a log cabin on 80 acres with cows, dogs, a cat, and whatever else walks up the driveway. Anyone that knows me - or did before 1998 - knows that I was a pure city girl. I always had my nails done, hair fixed, and did not get dirty. That all changed on my first date with my husband Keith.

Our first date consisted of going fishing at Holdenville Lake. I was like "what?!" I had no idea how to use an open-faced fishing reel, nor did I care to find out how. I knew nothing about fishing if I was not using a bobber (sp?) and sitting on the dock. I came to realize, if I wanted this man to like me (and I most certainly did! He is hot!) - I'd have to master this task of fishing. Well, I never mastered it - but I can do it! I even enjoy it. Good thing since it is my husband's favorite hobby!

I have changed so much since I got with Keith. A lot of it may have to do with maturity and growing up, but whatever the cause, it is for the better. Keith has no temper, is not easily provoked, listens instead of speaking, is honest, stable & true, and a hard worker. He is an awesome dad to Lauren and Natalie and a great husband to me. Having him in my life has made me more secure, patient (somewhat anyway!), and at ease with life in general. I don't stress out as much. We don't always agree but that's O.K. We just agree to disagree!

I finally graduated from college in 2005. Yeah - I know it took me forever to do it (I started the fall of 1988!) but at least I am done! I have an art degree with a minor in mass media. I am really into drawing, painting, and viewing art work. My passion for photography came from this. I always wanted to paint the perfect painting but needed a subject to do it. So I started taking photos. My photos became paintings/drawings, but before long, I realized how much more I enjoyed photography. I had been an artist for 20 years, but never found my niche (sp?). Suddenly I was hooked. Now my true passion is photography. I prefer portraits and landscapes. Before Natalie I worked all I could, but now I only work when her daddy is home or I can leave her with Lauren.

I stay home all day with little Natalie and am so glad I am able to. We feed the animals, work in our garden, play outside, and I spend the rest of the day chasing her. She will be 2 in November and it is killing me. I want her to stay little! Lauren turned 18 in August and it broke my heart. Where has my little brown eyed girl gone? She reminds me daily that she "is 18 and an adult" but I can't take it. She should be playing dress-up and in my makeup. It has passed by too quickly and I know this is what I have to face once again with Natalie.

Well, Spongebob is going off, so my 30 minutes of grownup time is over. Talk to you later! :) Steph

No comments: